Through a joint venture between Fred. Olsen Seawind and EDF Renewables UK & Ireland, New Power Partners is a part of the team developing what will be the first of four and the largest Irish offshore wind farm, Codling Wind Park (Codling).
As part of the Codling team, we contribute with our experience and expertise gained from our extensive track record in other new emerging markets where we are active in supporting the development and execution of offshore wind farm projects.
On Codling, our role on the project has been to deliver the right expertise at the right time in order to successfully compete in the first phase of the Irish ORESS (Offshore Renewable Electricity Support Scheme) and now it is to carefully and diligently manage the forthcoming EPCI stages of development and construction.
So far, we are providing the following key roles:
- Project Development Co-Director
- Project Development Manager
- EPCI Director
- WTG Package Manager
- Procurement Director
- Ad hoc PMO and offshore engineering support within New Power Partners
For Codling Project and the New Power Partners Team, some of the next steps will include:
- Planning submission to An Bord Pleanála and engagement with other Key Irish Stakeholders.
- Supply chain negotiation and procurement of the permanent and enabling works required to complete the project i.e., Turbines, Cables, electrical systems and ports and harbors etc.
- Conducting site investigation surveys to inform ground conditions for foundation and cable design.
- Financing processes to achieve the final investment decision to construct the project once the project has its planning license.
Codling has the potential to become one of Ireland’s largest offshore wind farms generating an output of 1.3GW and supplying the equivalent of more than 1 million Irish homes with green energy. Therefore, Codling will make a significant contribution to meeting the ambitions of the Irish Government to achieve 5GW of electricity from offshore wind by 2030.
Do you want to get us on board to utilize our expertise and experience in your next offshore wind project? Please reach out to us at email@example.com